Patients shouldn’t have to commute their way to good health.
On-demand telemedicine can expedite assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and disposition of patients in a wide variety of settings. Arcadian Telepsychiatry provides you with psychiatrists when and where you need them.
- With Telepsychiatry your patients’ peace of mind is only a computer connection, not a commute, away.
- Depression, anxiety, panic attacks, PTSD and marriage problems rarely come with the luxury of time, especially in rural areas.
Telepsychiatry – what is it?
A form of telehealth, telepsychiatry enables qualified mental health providers to deliver mental health services to individuals living in underserved areas or to individuals with limited access to services due to mobility, poverty or prison. Telepsychiatry is the use of video conferencing equipment to conduct real time mental health consultation between a clinician and patient.
Applications of telepsychiatry can occur in a variety of settings, including:
- Underserved populations
- Rural and Frontier Communities
- Correctional Facilities
- Community mental health clinics
- Medical clinics
- Physician practices
- Long term care facilities
- Hospital emergency rooms
- Residential facilities
- Substance Abuse
- EAP’s and Wellness Centers
- Urgent Care Centers
- Colleges and Universities
- Federal Qualified Health Centers
- Critical Access Hospitals
- Family Practice Clinics
- Native American Health Care Systems
Reduced patient waiting lists for appointments · Immediate availability of emergency psychiatric assessments and interventions · Patients access to a wider range of experts · Reduced travel time and costs · Reduced care delays · Continuity of care assurance · Stigma reduction
Telepsychiatry allows mental health providers to reach underserved areas, reduce travel times and expenses, and improve collaboration between providers, families and the patient. Via video conferencing, the mental health provider can:
- Diagnose and assess the patient
- Prescribe and Monitor medication
- Provide individual, group and family therapy
- Perform forensic and legal evaluations
Telepsychiatry is just what it sounds like —
Mental Health via live, interactive videoconferencing on your computer. See and talk to a psychiatrist in real time.
Trained clinicians are a scarce resource, especially in emergency, rural, and underserved settings.
We have board certified child and adolescent, adult and geriatric psychiatrists available 24/7, 365 days a year.
Telepsychiatry can expedite assessment, diagnosis, treatment and disposition of patients in a wide variety of settings
What We Do
Trained, competent, mental health practitioners are a scarce resource, especially in emergency, rural, and under-served settings. Here are a few examples of what our psychiatrists do:
- On demand emergency consultation to ED’s & Crisis Centers
- Inpatient consultation and liaison
- Initial psychiatric evaluations
- Medication management
- Scheduled child, adolescent and adult clinics
- Pre-Admission Psychiatric Hospital exams
- Staffing conferences with hospital medical personnel
- Training and education for hospital personnel
- On demand psychiatric evaluations
- Follow-up medication management
- Routine clinics provided to adults, adolescents, and children
- Rounds at inpatient or residential treatment facilities
- Consultation, training and education in psychiatric emergency services and Telepsychiatry